Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I got my answer!

Thanks to all who commented, I guess there are still some of us out there who read blogs. It was a great feeling to see that others are still reading.. Facebook has not completely taken over.


Just a few random things to talk about: We are trying to get my dad situated in a long term care facility. He is currently wheel chair bound and living in a transitional care wing of our local VA medical center. what an amazing place! it has been a real saving grace for us, since my dad's health is declining pretty fast and he cannot live alone.

His desire is to return to Oklahoma and live in an Oklahoma vets center down there, and we intend to honor his wishes. I think its important to be able to live in a place that you love, and he deserves to live his last days in his home state.

So, another trip to Oklahoma is probably in my future. unfortunately, we cant get him to fly..

Breanna is doing well, she is working hard at her job and planning a trip with 8 or 9 of her closest friends to Los Angeles in 2 weeks to attend a huge anime convention. What a fun trip this is shaping up to be! We are going to let her drive Dana's Escape, so she is in a more dependable car than her 12 yr old 150,000 mile used car. And one of her friends was raised in LA and he is used to driving their freeway system so he will help he with driving. All of the kids (their are 2 car loads) are staying in the same hotel and 5 of them have never been to California, so it should be a great time. I wish I had been able to do something like this when I was in college.

I have the next 3 days off from work, woo hoo! I hope to post a few blog posts so you all know I am still here! thanks for reading!

8 comments:

Susan said...

I also think it is important to let our family, parents and friends live where they feel comfortable and loved.
Good luck with whatever happens.
Enjoy the sunny weather. We have had some funky storms here.
Susan

Unknown said...

You do have lots going on! 1st grade was so much easier than a drive cross country! It sounds like an amazing adventure for Bre!
We're here to read, when you want to type!
~AM

Acutescrubnurse said...

Woohoo!! I am the next 4 days off, aren't we lucky?? I would imagine you are working the weekend?? I was on call last weekend, and it was CRAZY!! I put in 43 hours of overtime. I am still trying to catch up on my sleep....it kicked my butt!!
Alex leaves for Anaheim on the 24th, so will spend the next few days getting him ready...some shopping, washing clothes, packing. ugh.
I'll be thinking about you as you make decisions for your father. Never an easy task.
Have a great rest of the week!
Rita

Lisa said...

Yes, I still read, but don't always comment. Bad I know and sorry too.

I am glad you are going to be able to get your dad situated, that will take a load off your shoulders and your heart!

Take care and do know that I am always checking on you. You never know when I am lurking...I mean looking in on you ! =)

Cupcake Blonde said...

Glad you are getting things figured out with your Dad. I was wondering how he was doing.

Breanna's trip sounds like a lot of fun! Road trips with friends are always a blast!

Mary Ellen said...

I love that you are honoring his wishes about where he's going to live. What a blessing you are to him.

I don't always comment - I've been so busy, but I try to check in on my fave bloggers (including you) every couple of days!

I had an awesome road trip with my girlfriends during my senior year at college. She'll have memories to last a lifetime!!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I still read blogs when I can, I just have so little time lately. Hopefully things will settle down soon.
Glad to hear all is well with you all!

Debbie said...

When I was 21 and heading to be stationed at Vandenberg AFB, CA my brother and I drove from NC and camped all the way. We had a blast! I had to drive because he couldn't drive a 5 speed. She will have so much fun! You can trust Bre.

I know it will be a relief to have your Dad settled and happy :)