Sorry I havent been around so much lately, life has been crazy. As many of you know, my dad has been living in a transitional care unit at our local VA medical center since May of this year.
He has cancer that isnt being treated, (his wishes) and has really had quite a good go of it over the last several months. The wonderful staff at the VA have made sure he is taken care of and all of us girls and grandkids have been visiting.
Last week, he took a turn for the worse. On Friday he fell, and I believe, he suffered a stroke that caused him to fall. By Sunday, he was turning semi responsive and refusing to eat.
So now we wait...... we knew this was inevitable, but it is hard nonetheless. After losing my mom in February, we knew my dad would not last for very long. They were always together and so close.
I will try to keep you all updated on things as they develop.





3 comments:
I feared that when your mother passed that your dad would lose his will to live without her. I just can not even begin to know how this must feel for you, I am so truly sorry and wish I knew what to say to make you feel just a little better. But since I am totally at a loss, just know that my heart aches for you and this difficult time. I will need to lean on you one day, so for now, please know I am sending you strength from my heart. Love to you and your family.
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, Tonjia. Please know that you, and he, will be in my thoughts. Please keep us informed.
Blessings upon you and your family.
Marge
I am so sorry to hear this. I will be think and praying for your father and your family.
Post a Comment