Its hard to believe it but it has been a week since we came home from vacation. And life goes on....
We continue to have drama at work, one nurse disrupts the entire dept, we now have our 8th manager since I started in August 2007, and our patient satisfaction scores are down. (dont get me started on this). Upper management is screaming because our scores are down, 80% of our patients do not pay for any services rendered and the world considers us a free walk in clinic. Something tells me that the staff is not the problem here...
It was just like walking back into a nightmare when I returned to work tuesday morning. I am really wondering if I need a change of career. Our hospital is laying off employees, and everyone is on edge. This is the first time in 16 years of nursing that I have really seen the economy affect our profession. What is going to happen when hospitals cannot afford to keep nurses on the payroll???
So, I finally have more than one day off. The house is cleaned and the laundry is done, maybe I will go watch a movie! LOL
Yes, I will take some cheese with my whine. I like gouda!





1 comments:
It is a scary situation. Have you ever considered maybe working in a doctor's office rather than an ER. I know ER nurses are needed but with the way things are going you certainly don't need the stress.
Post a Comment