Monday, April 12, 2010

WIND! watch out Kansas!

Here we come!!


We are having HORRIBLE winds here today. Winds from the west, winds that insist on blowing Utah over into western Colorado and obviously will be blowing Colorado into Kansas...

Frankie says the National Weather Service has issued a "small pet advisory"! This means that your small pets could:

1. blow away????

or

2. be hit by blowing objects

We arent sure which. But he is sure either one is not good for a miniature dachshund. Even a "husky" one.

Today I shipped a package to one of my coworkers who is deployed (with her husband) to Iraq. Erin is a 24 yr old mom of 3, Army medic, who is in the Army Reserves. She and her husband are both in the same battalion, and were both deployed in January to the middle East. Right now they are both in Baghdad, Erin just moved from Mozul back to Baghdad on Saturday.

These 2 young soldiers are true hero's. They agonized over leaving their children behind, but secured responsible temporary guardians for the kiddos, and they stepped up to do their duty.

May God Bless them both. Erin and I became very close at work, and she knows that I understand, as a mom, what her obligations are and why she has to do what she has to do. Her mom is not quite as understanding... I am keeping both Erin and Jose in my prayers, please do the same. They are amazing individuals.

I will post more later, right now I have to go see if Frankie has blown out of the yard!!

1 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

LOL @ Small dog advisory!! LOVE the new look of your blog!!! How sad for your friend that her mom isn't so understanding. They deal with and see so much doing what they do that it is a shame to not have TOTAL support from friends and loved ones. They are true heros in my book. May God bless and guide them thru thier deployment so they can come back to thier children safely!!!