Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Random thoughts...


Some of my random thoughts have been fighting to get out. So, here they are:


* I LOVE the winter Olympics! As a young girl growing up in western Colorado, I spent many
hundreds of hours on the slopes perfecting my skiing style. I dreamed of one day being a member of the US Olympic team. I wasnt nearly good enough, but I dreamed, nonetheless.
Back then to qualify for Team USA you had to have money, lots of money, and endorsements and lots and lots of connections. None of which I had. So I was satisfied rubbing elbows with the famous when they came to race in Aspen. I spent countless hours watching those Europeans wearing expensive ski outfits and having their every whim attended to. I saw some amazing skiers. And then I would go to Snowmass and apply their skills on the NASTAR course. It was fun, I made memories and its something I have always been proud of. I ran some good races too!

So, I digress, Go Team USA!

* The drama at my job is getting just a little out of control. I am not the manager, I am not the oldest person in the department, I am the one with the most ER experience though, so I am the one people usually come to when there are problems. I am about to tell my coworkers that enough is enough! Its time to gather round the wagons and become a unified department and not a group of type A babies who are always bickering with each other!!!

* Dana and I took a fun trip to Montrose, CO today. It is about 70 mi away and at the base of the San Juan Mountains. I bought a gorgeous ring that is being made just for me! I can hardly wait to get it. The store is only found in Ouray, CO and Montrose CO. the name is Ouray Silversmiths. Check out their website at www.ouraysilversmiths.com they do beautiful work!

*Colorado is ready for spring. Even the locals are now complaining. I keep telling everyone I
am SURE it is right around the corner! They all think I am lying.......

Have a great week!

4 comments:

StorytellERdoc said...

Tonjia...great post. I'm with you, I would have loved to have been in the winter olympics. i'd be okay to skip the summer ones. enjoyed reading your "flight of ideas!" Have a good night.
Jim

Unknown said...

great post. What an amazingly GOLDEN night for the USA tonight! Yay!
I'm a native Marylander...the most snow we have ever seen, has been in the last two weeks. As much as I have always loved to watch the Winter Games...participating in this part of the country is a no-go. My oldest son who serves at Hill AFB in Salt Lake took me skiing for the 1st time in my life 2 years ago! Yep, when you have walked this earth for half a century without a ski boot ever...the fifth (or is it really the sixth) decade of your life is not the most ideal time! It was a beautiful experience to ski the bunny slope in the Rockies...
As for drama at work...I have zero tolerance. Unnecessary BS just does not sit well with me. I hope it works itself out for you soon!
~AM

Marge said...

I'm with you on the winter Olympics. Love, love, love them! As a kid, I skated on the narrow, winding, bumpy creeks of northern Iowa, climbing over barb wire fences, dodging tree trunks, and dreaming of skating in the Olympics. I love the skating especially! Never have down hill skied, and only have cross country skied a handful of times, but it's all so much fun to watch!

Hope the work situation straightens out! Peace among workers in the job place is so important!

Cupcake Blonde said...

I am an Olympics junkie, love watching all the events. I admit I enjoy the summer Olumpics more than the winter but this year's have been pheonominal. Such drama on the slopes and on the ice. So much fun to watch and cheer for Team USA.