Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Who Ordered This Drama????

I could preface this post by saying that in my profession and specialty, stress is a way of life and people do have the right to deal with stress in their own way but I wont. I think its all ridiculous and here is why:


You all know I work in an Emergency Room, we have had a multitude of clinical managers over the 3 yrs that I have been there, I dont know why it is so difficult to manage this little ER. I have certainly worked in much bigger and much busier and much more stressful ER's without the turnover in managers, so I dont have a clue why our current dept is so chaotic. We currently have a very kind, intelligent, devoted interim manager who is working as hard as she can to keep our heads above water in this horrible state of economic decline and trying to keep from laying people off in our ER.

We just cannot get past the chaos. We have 2 nurses who absolutely HATE each other. Ordinarily this wouldnt create such havoc except both of these people are outspoken, intelligent and do not mind letting everyone know what their opinions are. (if you get my drift) I am good friends with one of these people (nurse #2) and not so good friends with the other (nurse #1) (she annoys me, but I can work with her)

So, these 2 have the entire department in an uproar! We had a meeting last night with our dept charge nurses. One of the two is a charge nurse. (I will call her Nurse #1) Needless to say Nurse #1 involved the entire group of charge nurses in her battle with Nurse #2. I tried to stay middle of the road. there were accusations of compromise of patient care because Nurse #2 didnt cover Nurse #1 and take care of her patients while she was not available (supposedly she was triaging another patient) and, no matter how much I fought it, I got sucked in.

I made the comment that no matter who is involved, compromising patient care is not acceptable. This is exactly what Nurse #1 wanted me to say. I was duped. Now it sounds like I am speaking out against Nurse #2 behind her back. I am sure it will come back to bite me in the ass....

I HATE it when manipulative people do this!!!!

These people are supposed to be adults, they are supposed to be professionals who come to work, do their job and work to save peoples lives, leave the freaking drama at home!

I never have these problems when I work with the guys. I want to work with the guys from now on, I am sick to death of the females and their backbiting, snipping attitudes!!!

WE NEED TO HIRE MORE MALE NURSES!!!

4 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

yep i could work all day every day with all males but toss in one stupid game playing female and shit hits the fan... so not worth it... i feel your pain. HUGS

Cupcake Blonde said...

Oh let me tell you, the drama in my work place would make your cringe. I feel like I am back in high school. And the funny part is I do work all with guys in my department but I have to interact with other departments where women are and that is where the trouble starts. It's amazing how catty and gossipy and devious women can be. I thought we were all adults!

StorytellERdoc said...

LOL..great post! This was too funny...lots of drama in our ER with nursing as well, and now that you mention it, the men are Never involved.
Maybe men ARE good for something!
Jim

Acutescrubnurse said...

Love this post and I can so relate!! We have the same drama in the OR....it's so pathetic!! When I am in a room with men all day, I love it, we all get along, noone stabbing the other in the back, it's a great day!!
Hope your drama gets better with your new PT position!!
Rita