Friday, February 19, 2010

SO! Should he have apologized???

Poor TIger Woods, what a mess he has himself and his family in. I sat there like a bozo watching his public apology today and tried to figure out if the script was so he would be politically

correct and cover all of his bases or if it was because he is not comfortable exposing his
"transgressions" in public.

I still dont know. But it doesnt matter now because something more pressing is in my head. SHOULD he have apologized publicly? Is it really the business of John Q Public what anyone does behind closed doors?

I dont think it is, I think even though one is a celebrity, they still deserve respect, and privacy that each and every one of us require in our lives. Sitting there listening to him speak kind of made me feel like I was invading whatever privacy he has left.

I dont mean that I condone whatever affairs he did have, but since I dont walk in his shoes, or in his wife's shoes, I really dont feel that I can judge. I will admit, it does sound like he was living life in the fast lane, and I am kind of impressed that he can juggle that many women without one of them finding out about the others..

SO... my question to you... should he have apologized publicly (in your opinion?)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sixty percent of me agrees with you, but then again he was a role model, a brand. His actions if always private would have only affected those closest to him.

However, his actions did affect more than just his immediate family. Much more. He caused monetary losses to the people he worked with, the businesses who contracted with him. His image and the trust that the public had in him were severely tainted. His charity has suffered etc...so yeah, in this case a public apology might be in line.

He made those choices. I don't think, however, that reporters needed the chance to ask questions.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I don't think any of this should have come out to begin with. I mean, we don't advertise the average persons transgressions. Why should his be aired out just because he is a celebrity? We care about how he golfs, not how he acts in his personal life. That bein said, I can't stand for cheating of any kind so it definitely has changed my view of him. I don't think I liked his apology since it sounded too scripted and too trite, like he knew if he didn't do it he couldn't get sponsored again.