632 million dollars. Thats what Citicorp has spent on building the new NY Mets stadium in Queens. This state of the art baseball stadium, is touted as the most luxurious stadium in basebal. Here is a description:
Citi Field will feature unprecedented sightlines, amenities, and comfort for Mets fans, sports fans and visitors to the New York metropolitan area. The open-air ballpark connects the Mets' National League heritage to the future and to the City through a number of unique design elements. Citi Field will feature natural grass and capacity for approximately 45,000 fans. A contoured seating configuration will bring spectators closer to the field on all levels to provide optimal sightlines for a more intimate and entertaining experience throughout the park.
A luxurious baseball stadium. Is THIS what Citicorps bailout was used on? Is THIS what OUR tax money was supposed to go for? Un-freaking-believable.
This almost trumps the $450,000 per person luxury weekend "retreat" that AIG sent their CEO's on after they received the bailout.
My question? Why didnt the taxpayers get the bailout money. We would have at least spent it on something reasonable, like home mortgages, healthcare premiums, or sending our kids to college....
What is wrong with this picture?
On a lighter note, I had 2 easter bunny visits yesterday. One from Breanna and one from Dana, and I love them both!!
Who knew I had so many Easter bunnies? LOL pics of my baskets are listed below:
From Breanna-she and I are sharing the chocolates. LOLFrom Dana-
I think I have the best Easter Bunnies in town!!!! THANK YOU EASTER BUNNIES.....
Monday, April 13, 2009
$632,000,000.00
Posted by Tonjia at 4:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Love your Easter baskets. You are sooooo lucky. I didn't get anything. :o(
Susan
Dove chocolates and Lindt? Yes, I do believe you have the best Easter bunnies. Although my Ghiradelli was pretty good too. :)
Well, you must have been one good girl. The Easter Bunny didn't make it to my house.
That is a LOT of chocolate! No Easter bunny here, we didn't get any bailout money when my husband lost his job lol (if I don't laugh I cry). I did pick up some m&m's for half price today at the store. The kids were happy :).
Well aren't you the loved one? Don't you dare eat all that chocolate!! Even if they force you!
Bailouts...I want one, please??
Post a Comment