
It snowed again last night. And its still snowing. We have had these freakishly strong storms coming through here in the last month or so, that are completely unusual for this area.
The valley where I live is surrounded on all 4 sides by mountains. We have grand canyon-like mountains on the west end, high desert mancos mountains on the north and the south and green, snow capped mountains full of pine trees and ski areas on our east. It is truly a diverse view, when you scan the valley from one side to the other.
We are at roughly 4700 feet in elevation, not really high but not really low either, and we usually have great weather. 300 days a year of sunshine is normal. Snow in April is not. LOL
Frankie has decided that it is his objective in life to run outside, scoop up as much snow as he can in his mouth, swallow it and run back inside as fast as he can, and then dive under the blanket that is on my lap. He is absolutely convinced that I am here to act as a heat source for his little doxie body. Makes sense to me! Max will walk to the doggie door, stick his head out look at the snow, and back up, with a "hell no" expression on his face! And people say bassets arent smart! ha!
I havent done an update on Bre in a while, so here goes. She is nearing the end of her first year of college, doing well, was just released to full duty at work by her orthopedist. Her shoulder is healing nicely, this is the first time in 18 months that she hasnt had pain in her shoulder! She has interviewed for a summer manager job at the pool, and should know this week whether she got it or not. She LOVES life right now. Her plans are still to go into the USAF as an officer, the AF recruiter here has just about convinced her to go ahead and finish school here, get her degree and go to OTS after graduation. Not sure what she will do.
The other alternative is AF ROTC, but that will require a transfer to a bigger school. And it will cost her twice as much, so we will see.
Frankie would like to say one more thing before I sign off. He hopes that this is not him tomorrow!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Winter wont give up!
Posted by Tonjia at 9:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
tonjia...thanks for the update on you and Bre! Good to hear things are going well for her. Sorry to hear of your unusual weather! Spring is coming (I think!)
~AM
OMG Tonjia, Alex and I just watched your video....we laughed so hard!!! Way too cute. Looks like you had fun snow....we've had crappy snow all winter, mixed with ice, ugh. Arthur was not a huge fan.
Take care, hope all is well.
Rita
OMG Tonjia, Alex and I just watched your video....we laughed so hard!!! Way too cute. Looks like you had fun snow....we've had crappy snow all winter, mixed with ice, ugh. Arthur was not a huge fan.
Take care, hope all is well.
Rita
OMG Tonjia, Alex and I just watched your video....we laughed so hard!!! Way too cute. Looks like you had fun snow....we've had crappy snow all winter, mixed with ice, ugh. Arthur was not a huge fan.
Take care, hope all is well.
Rita
Snow in April is never nice, no matter where you live. Hopefully you will be done with all that soon.
Great news about Bre! Glad to hear she is doing well. :)
I just don't get this weather either. It is sooo cold here right now, probably not that cold, but after you have 60 and 70 degree weather and then turn around and have 30 and 40, then it is COLD! I have Allie this week, she is such a good baby and I enjoy having her so much. But she will have me worn out by the end of the week! I want the warm weather so we can play outside. She has found out about Easte eggs and loves finding them. Outside is a better place for doing that. Have a good week.
You snow. Me rain. I think we are all in a hurry for Spring, although my head could do without it! Mowing..ARGH.
I'm so glad all is well with Bre. It's been a long road hasn't it?
Post a Comment