Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dreaming of Spring






Today is a beautiful day in western Colorado, temps in the high 30's, the bright sun shining, and everything that snow covered and frozen is beginning to thaw.

It makes me dream of Spring. Cool nights, warm days, the trees beginning to leaf out, the threat of snow in the distance, you get the idea.

And of course, spring leads to summer... The high desert summer is like no other, long days, cool nights and one of my favorite things. LOOKING FOR PETROGLYPHS!!!


Last fall Dana and I took a jaunt to Dinosaur National Monument, and found lots of petroglyphs. It is really amazing, standing there, surrounded by the wonders of the desert, looking at the communications of civilizations past.


I am hooked! This year we are going to spend sometime in the Utah desert hiking and taking pics of the petroglyphs there. I am ready!!


Of course, a beach chair, an ice cold pepsi and a palm tree would be good too. (this winter hasnt been THAT long has it? LOL)

THINK SPRING!!!

4 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I like the last picture the best!!!

Thanks for keeping CJ in your thoughts - he really needs the positive mojo...

Hallie

Susie said...

Love the slideshow, how cool!

Sue T

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the cold... its freezing here as well.

Chris said...

I love spring too. But your winter pics are beautiful.

It is in the 60's here, brr, my toes are cold if that helps lol.