We are suppose to get hit by a BIG snow storm tonight. The weather forecasters have been threatening this for several days, even last night it was supposed to snow (and the mountains did get hit hard) but all we got was rain.
Right now the snow crews are standing by. The tankers of pre-treatment (mag chloride) are fueled up and ready to roll. We LOVE mag chloride, it keeps our roads drivable and thaws the snow as it falls. Other than the white buildup it creates on everyones cars, it is a great invention! IF we get hit by the storm, I will take pics tomorrow an post them before I go to work.
Bre called twice today, she is very happy, she passed her physical therapy evaluation! Her physical therapist told her that there was NO such thing as "loose joints" (the orthopedist told her that she has a disease that caused "loose joints". I said he was full of crap) The high crap level of the ortho was reinforced by the physical therapist who taught Bre some exercises to strengthen her muscles in her upper back, that will help her pushups.. she did 40 of them with no problem. He was so happy with her progress! And so are we!
Next step is to have an appointment with Mini Reed, and have the doctor there sign off to allow her to return to training. Hopefully that will go well. In the meantime she has to take a terrorism class from 4th week and go into the gas chamber. Once those are done, she is ready for 5th week! YAAAY!
Her TI's at the 319 are all coming to see her, since she got back to the base. They have all missed her. Some more than others. LOLOL Her very favorite TI, which from this point forward will be called "Ssgt L" made a point to come and see her yesterday. Ssgt L is solely responsible for her returning to training with her knee, and he has been one of her motivators for returning to training this time also.
We owe this guy a lot. When she graduates he will get a token of our appreciation for sure. I am anxious to meet him and shake his hand.

Its starting to snow. I guess the weather men are right! LOL The above picture could be us tomorrow morning....






3 comments:
YAY for Bre! I bet she is thrilled to be going back to active duty. It has been such a long journey for her, and you.
Stay safe in the snow, I couldn't even imagine driving in that.
Hooray for Bre!! I am excited to follow her on the rest of her journey, can't wait for BMT grad pics.
Sue T
I am so happy she passed and is moving on to the next step. She is doing great. Stay in bed... far away from the snow.
Post a Comment