I made a horrible mistake today, I went to Walmart to buy groceries. Now I have been working 6 out of the last 8 nights and I am not all with it ,(it takes a couple days to gain composure after working night shift and getting only 10 hours sleep every 48 hours. but I digress....) but I didnt think I was this bad. I WENT TO WALMART ON SUICIDE SATURDAY!!!!!
Today is called "suicide saturday" (named by Bre and I) because this is the first weekend of the month. Social Security checks have arrived, welfare checks have arrived and most people had a payday yesterday. This brings out ALL of the wackos!! Everyone needs to eat and buy toilet paper, right?
It was horrifying. Women in dirty t-shirts that were 2 sizes too small, pushing grocery carts overrun with fruit loops, M&M's, kraft macaroni and cheese, pizzas (for the superbowl???) and beer. Screaming loudly at their children (who were donned in dirty t-shirts and tennis shoes with holes) to "shut the hell up or I am going to bust your ass!" See? the classiest of the classy comes out to shop on suicide saturday. I need to have my head examined... I am glad I made it!
And now on to Breanna news. There is no news. She still feels funky after passing out and falling on Tuesday. She is getting frustrated, I am afraid she is near giving up. Her 7 week BMT experience is now 7 months. 7 months ago today, she left for BMT.... Today she was told she could not volunteer to do a detail because "they dont want any more incidents". WHAT?????
She is starting to think that maybe she is being shown that enlisted military is not what she is meant to do. I am beginning to think she may be right. We have told her, no matter whether she decides to stay in the Air Force or decides she has had enough and comes home, we are behind her all of the way. She has done more than her share of digging in and giving it her all.
SO.. we should have some news in the next week or so. Either she will separate (which is what they want her to do) or she will go back to training.
Please keep Bre in your prayers, she is really struggling with this.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Suicide Saturday!!
Posted by Tonjia at 4:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I seriously just want to cry when I read what Bre has been dealing with. I will pray that she does what's best for her NOT the Air Force - just please remind her that if this IS what she wants that she should keep fighting. If it's not, then come home with her head held high - we will all ALWAYS respect her for the fighter she is...
The Walmart story cracked me up! JOhn and I stopped in to our local Wally World this afternoon to pick up some Diet COke and I actually made teh comment to him that we have to stop shopping there. The people are getting scarier!!
Hallie
OMG Tonjia!! What else could happen??? I hope she seriously doesnt give up but I agree with Hallie, there will definitely be no shame involved if she does. She had went above and beyond any other trainee that I have ever heard of. We also went to our walmart today and WOW!! You would have thought it was Christmas. I realize the Super Bowl is tomorrow but WOW!!! I don't know where they all came from. .. I was cracking up. We went to one of the self check out lanes and the lady that was in front of us kept putting her dollar bills into the machine and it kept spitting them back out to her. I know we stood there for 10 minutes or better while she put them all in there, not once, not twice but a few more times than that. And just when you thought she was done, she pulled out another seperate item from the first bunch after she paid for them and went through the whole dollar bill thing yet again, ARGHHHHH!! I just stood there and laughed to my hubby! Unbelievable!! Anyhow,... hang in there and keep us posted, K?
Kim
We already know that, whatever Bre chooses for her future, she will show the tenacity and heart that she has in pursuing this dream too.
Now, as for you and WALFART... LOL!
With Many Hugs,
Lea
I hope she is doing okay. Its good for her to have a family behind her. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment