My niece, her husband and baby are in Hawaii as we speak. I am anxiously awaiting some cool beach pictures from her on her blog so I can live vicariously.
We have a tropical paradise too, but we arent going to visit this year. We are too far away, and have had to spend $$ on car repairs (remember when the asshole hit my BRAND new Escape and then drove away), car tags and other unexpected expenses that have been sucking at our bank account for the last 3 months.
Anyway, I digress. Our personal paradise is our Condo in Ocean City MD. It is a time share that we have owned for about 6 years. We have a set time condo (same unit, same time every year) and have missed visiting only twice in the last 6 years. Once wasnt actually a miss, but he had to evacuate due to a rapidly approaching category 5 hurricane. (Hello Isabel!!)
Anyway, this year my sister, BIL, neice and her baby are going to use our condo. At least someone gets to use it!
Here are some pics:
This is the view from our balcony, we are whats considered "canal front" which is actually on the bay


This is the beach and Ocean City, our time is in mid September after all kiddos have gone back to school, it is heavenly


And last but not least, the boardwalk... The OC boardwalk has just been voted #5 in all of the boardwalks in the US.

And the boardwalk at Rehoboth beach, (down the road)

There you have it, our little piece of paradise. I hope you enjoyed!





4 comments:
Oh man, that is AWESOME. My aunt and uncle go to Florida every year for about 2 or 3 months, this year I am going to go and visit. You all are lucky people to be able to have a life like that even for a short time.
I'm jealous. The lake is fun, but I LOVE the ocean and your place is beautiful! I wanna go too!! Whine......
I want a getaway place. :) That looks incredible. See it is pictures like that that make me think seriously about timeshares.
wow, a real pier, i lived in great yarmouth england once, and walked the pier daily, and now i'm stuck in utar, and all is desert
Post a Comment