Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Internet Relationships... Real or imaginary??


Can you make true friends, or meet lovers who will end up in a relationship online? I am a tiny bit experienced in this topic. I met my husband online. :-) We met way back in the 90's when it wasnt the "thing" to do, and neither one of us was looking for a mate, it just worked out that way. (And I am glad it did).


How serious can "internet friendships" be? I have a group of close friends online that are like members of my family. My WW girls and I have known each other for almost 4 years now. Some of us have met in person, and some of us plan to meet up in Chicago when Breanna has her PIR from the Navy. What an awesome group of girls. We started out supporting each other in our journey to lose weight on Weight Watchers, but it has evolved into so much more.


We have been there for each other through surgeries, cancer, weddings, relationship ups and downs, sick children, moves across the country, you name it we are there for each other. I am so blessed to know these ladies..


SO.. are internet relationships real? My answer YES!


This is my shout out to Linda, MJ, Sandi, Necia, KJ, Gina, Chrissie, Chris, Lalonnie, Shannon, Pat, Amy, Viv and Tina!! I Love you guys!!!!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of my on line friends. You are just like my family, always there for me when I need you. Love, MJ

Debbie said...

I'm not sure. I think you guys are real...or are you in my head?
ROFL! This is a good post Tonjia. I consider you a friend even if it's just online. I stay concerned about Bre and her future, CJ's, Shay's. I think about you guys when I'm not online, so damn we are just one big happy family!!

((Big Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Awwww thanks. I think our group is my online family. What a sweet post.

Frog Lover aka Linda said...

Tonjia, thank you for such a beautiful post! I truly believe you can have "real" friends online!!! I consider you as a part of my family!!!! I'm so glad we've grown so close, and were fortunate enough to get together and actually meet!!!!! (((hugs))))

LCLS said...

you are a doll! when is chicago? I am so there!

Lisa said...

That is very sweet. Isn't it funny how we all connect in different ways. Support comes in many forms, the internet is just another way. And yes, I think even LOVE can be found on the internet.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Tonjia,

Running out the door to do errands but YES please email me EVERYTHING you can about what Bre went through for the Navy.

How was she discharged out of the AF? Honorably? General? Was she ever told she had to wait 6 months to consider another branch? Since you are privately emailing me, can you tell me what you emant by HUGE sign on $$$? Did the NAVY really JUMP on Bre?

CJ hasnt really talked yet about another branch but we want all the info we can get. Will check my email when we get back. Then maybe we can chat on the phone in the next day or two?

Hallie
fenwaydog@roadrunner.com

Donna said...

Cyber-friends are the modern version of pen pals!

Cupcake Blonde said...

I love all the friends I have met through blogging. They are truly wonderful people and I thank them everyday for thinking I am worthy to be friends with. The Internet is really an amazing thing!