Monday, March 24, 2008

I worked out a deal!! And a rant!

Today Bre was at the Navy recruiters office finalizing her paperwork and she called to get an address. I told her to tell the Chief that I wanted a DEP bag and planner. So she put him on the phone. I offered to buy it and he said he couldnt sell it but he would barter for it. All he wanted was a pan of brownies and some oatmeal raisin cookies!


Well, how could I resist?? I came home and made a pan of brownies, put them out to cool and then made a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies, boxed them up and took them in! I should have taken a picture of those 2 hungry men when we walked in with the goodies! Adam (the other recruiter) gladly took them off my hands and whipped out a knife to cut the brownies.


And the Chief came through.... these are my Navy goodies!!


And now the rant! Breanna was discharge with an RE code of 4C. When she signed her papers she was specifically told that she could re-enlist in the Air Force in one year. Even the AF recruiter thought that she could reinlist but she did say it would involve a lot of extensive paperwork.


Guess what? The AF lied.. again. Surprised? I am not. An individual with a RE code of 4C is NOT eligible for re-entry into the USAF EVER..... They screwed her again. I wish we would have known about their inconsistancies when Bre enlisted. She wouldnt have.


Oh well, its not like she is holding her breath to go back. OH! And her medical paperwork was sent from Lackland to the VA in St Louis MO!!! It is going to take an act of congress to get it sent to the Navy recruiter so he can schedule her physical at MEPS. He told me today he will wait to see if it comes and if it takes too long then he will take care of it. I am not sure what that means, but she is ready to process!!


Her plan is to ship to Great Lakes in mid August. Lets hope that wont get too delayed.


Hope you are all having a great day! I am sitting here in shorts and a tank top, it is 69 degrees outside! WOO HOO!


Later!

1 comments:

Debbie said...

ROFL I can't believe you bribed a government official! WTG Tonjia!

You go girl...nice stuff and the cookies look great!