Saturday, April 5, 2008

Our boys are at the kennel



We leave tomorrow and thought it would be better to take them over to the kennel tonight because the drop off times tomorrow were after our flight.


Frankie was excited and listening to everything and barking at everything, and Max just put his head down and went where he was led. I hope he doesnt think we will never come back to get him. Sometimes with a rescue dog you dont know what goes through their head. Some people say that dogs dont have the same sense of time that we do..


I dont know if I buy that but it could be true. One thing is for sure, Max has spent a large part of his 4 years confined in a crate, when he was brought into rescue he had been laying in his own waste for so long that he actually has a scar where he had "urine burns".. poor baby... his foster mom and Utah friends of Basset hounds did a great job of getting him vet care and except for the scarring in his fur he is all healed from that ordeal.


When we got him he was having dermatitis between his toes on his front paws, and through a change of food we healed that.... He is doing much better now.


Dana said he thought Frankie would do fine at the kennel but wasnt sure how I would do with him at the kennel. LOLOL I already miss him. :-(

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Awww poor Max :( Hopefully they will both be fine. I had same feeling when I dropped my Maggie off when I had her. Boo hoo.

You guys have a wonderful trip! Jealous here! You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys win big. Have a good time. It is that time in your life to be thinking of what you and your spouse will do together for fun.
RELAX!