Today, our town celebrated Cinco de Mayo. (or maybe it should have beed called Tres de Mayo??) anyway a huge blowout dedicated to the latino community! .....NOT.
Dana, Bre and I went down after I got up to see the celebration, and it was.... PITIFUL. It was almost funny, no wait, it WAS funny. They had the downtown main street blocked off for about 5 blocks, and since the celebration was scheduled to go until 10:00pm, and it was only 4:00pm, we thought surely something "festive" would be happening. The extend of the festivity was limited to the far end of the main street where the beer tent was erected, and here sat a fry bread stand, a funnel cake stand, a bbq stand, 3 swap meet stands full of t shirts fresh from Tijuana, and ..... a man selling ceramic yard ornaments!! 99% of the people were camped out here, (and probably are still there) and the other 4 city blocks had... NOTHING!
Well, not exactly nothing, more like 4 rebuilt low riders, and a maroon pickup, all on display, but that was it. Again, it was pitiful. A huge bust, for such a big town! I have observed that our town specializes in big busts, remind me sometime to tell you about the "Santa arrives in Grand Junction" celebration. LOL

Anyway, we left Tres de Mayo and went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, at least they have a festive atmosphere! LOL
I am going to read blogs for a while and head to bed, tomorrow I will take a pic of my new Escape so you guys can see it! Have a great night.






0 comments:
Post a Comment