Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Neighbor troubles!!



We are having a questionable problem with our neighbors. Not the adults, but the children. Our neighbor is a single mom with 2 little boys, one is 4 and the other is 2. She has a new boyfriend, so they chase the boys outside to play in the yard. Thats no biggie EXCEPT the little heathens stand at the fence and poke sticks, rake handles etc through the fence (that we share) at our dogs.




We have talked to her several times, and when she is watching them (which is seldom anymore) she will scold them. But they totally ignore her. They throw their toys over the fence into our yard and we have told her that we are now going to throw the toys into the trash if they come into our yard. She says ok. But they still throw stuff over. They have a TON of toys..




Anyway tonight, our dogs were in the yard and when the kids came running up to the fence (they had friends over so there were 4 little ones) our dogs ran up to see them, wagging their tales.. The oldest boy drew his leg back and before I could yell at him, kicked the fence really hard right in our basset hounds face! (I SCREAMED out the kitchen window and the poor dumb little things looked around like it was a voice from the heavens). Dana ran out of the door to talk to them but I doubt that it sunk in. The mother never showed her face! If I heard someone scream as loud at my kid as I did at hers I would be running around the house to see what was wrong..




I guess this week we will be buying a storage shed and that will be the project for mothers day. We can put the shed up against their part of the fence and block them out completely...




Oh well, we need storage room.
Here is a pic to make you smile. Who could resist a face like this?

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Good remedy for a bad situation! ARGH...why doesn't she take care of them! ARGH! Poor little babies...your dogs and her kids.

I hope we hear something about Shmoops today...

Yep, I agree...NURSES rock! (wink)

Kim said...

OMG Tonjia...sounds like our life here only our neighbor has 5 dogs, 2 of which run loose throughout the day and like to corner us in OUR yard! The neighbors seem to take humor in it but someone is going to get bit! Good for you to get a shed to block them out. I would need an expensive privacy fence to block ours out, ARGGHHHH!
Have a great day:)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the neighbors. I hope the shed helps.

Chris said...

OMG, I would turn the hose on the little brats!