
Our little Frankie is a tiny bit under the weather, so I have declared today "Hug Your Wiener Day". Frankie has a sprained shoulder. We think he injured it while playing with Max our basset hound. Max weighs 67lbs and Frankie weighs 15.8lbs so when they play it is a little lopsided.
We took Frankie to the vet on Monday and she started him on some Prednisone, (I know its a good drug but I hate what it does to dogs when they take it) and we are supposed to keep Frankie "resting". He is 8 months old. There is no way, short of putting him in his crate 24/7 to keep him resting.
Today he is kind of sad and clingy, and he has needed lots of hugs. Of course, I am not complaining, because aside from Dana and Breanna, Frankie is my favorite thing to hug. I have to work tonight, so Frankie took a nap with me this afternoon and right now he is in his 2 legger sisters room lying on her bed, getting in some more rest time.
Here are some dachshund pics that I have on hand. Enjoy.


And dont forget to HUG YOUR WIENER!!






5 comments:
I could comment in so many ways ROFL.
I'm sorry Frankie is injured and hope the Prednisone works and doesn't make him a snappy pooch. Right before I lost Maggie, she refused to take the Pred and snapped at us! I couldn't afford to keep her at the vet. She had an autoimmune disorder :(
I do so wish I had a weiner to hug and you can take that any way you like!!!!
I'm sorry Frankie is hurt. I hope he feels better really soon. Of course with all those hugs who wouldn't feel better.
How's Mr. Frankie doing today? Fenway responded BEAUTIFULLY to PRednisone several months ago when she could not move her neck.
I promise to hug my 2 wieners when I get home.
Hallie :)
OMG i love the pic with you and Frankie!!! He is so adorable, i want to hug him!!! Hope he feels better soon!!!!
Poor Frankie, hope he is better soon.
I will have to hug my papillon, no weiner to hug...hee hee.
Post a Comment