Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Frog experts!



I am so addicted to reading other peoples' blogs that I am now recruiting bloggers!! A couple of my online friends and I have convinced one of my friends (Hi Linda) to start her own blog.


You see, Linda is the mom to 2 recently acquired frogs. We have learned a lot through her experiences with her frogs. Did you know male frogs dont have penises? I didnt either! I thought at least they would have a teeny tiny one, but I guess they are leaving those for ex-husbands! LOL


And when frogs mate they fertilize the egg from the outside! Lindas very young niece was present when her frogs were "getting acquainted" and Gracie in her adorableness decided that the frogs were giving horsey rides. ummm ok, that will work.


I also didnt know that frogs need extra calcium! What a week we have had learning about frogs via Linda, and her frog kids.


Once she has completed her blog, I will post her link so you all can become frog experts too. (If that floats your boat). Until then, if there is any exciting frog news you can bet I will post about it!


And here is a frog for my Dana:


Ribbit Y'all!
** UPDATE** Linda has completed her blog, The link is here in my favorite blogs in my right side bar. enjoy

3 comments:

Debbie said...

A RED frog? I've never seen one like that! I have a lot of frogs in my creek, or at least I hear them at night and they are LOUD! That and the crickets...I want to be like Fonzie in Happy Days and yell for the to shut up!

Most of the time I enjoy listening!

Anonymous said...

I think Linda's blog is going to rock. Glad you convinnced her to get a blog too!

Frog Lover aka Linda said...

Thank you for the little tribute to me, and just so you know, i've gotten no work done at work today, cause i've been blogging all morning! lol thanks for another addiction that i didn't need!!!!

Hugs!!!