Monday, May 12, 2008

I dodged a bullet!!

This morning was a normal Monday, I got up, let the dogs out and was settling in to watch some TV. Frankie was laying on my lap and Max was at my feet when all of a sudden the guy who does our lawn walked by the window!


OMG! you would have thought that we were under terrorist attack! Since Frankie has a sprained shoulder I am holding on to him, Max is turning around in circles trying to figure out what all the excitement is about and in the middle of the chaos, some one (or should I say some dog) KNOCKED MY NEW LAPTOP OFF ONTO THE WOODEN FLOOR!


I glanced to see if the screen was shattered and it wasnt so I just closed it and took care of the dogs.


Then when I tried to log back online I couldnt connect to the internet! OMG! DEFCON 5!!!!!!!!!


I worked for about 15 minutes troubleshooting and my good old Microsoft Vista diagnosing program informed me that my "wireless connection was turned off"! hmmm Apparantly there is a button on the side of the laptop that turns the wireless connection on and off. WHY???? Why would I even want to turn the wireless connection off??? Anyway, I searched and finally found my gateway owner material, located the wireless connection button and it was broken.


I am panicking.


Dana was asleep, I burst into the bedroom and loudly announce "THE DOGS HAVE BROKEN MY LAPTOP!" and being the good husband that he is, he got up, came in and looked at my laptop (Dana is my computer guru :-) ). He removed the broken switch, reached in there with some tool and turned the wireless connection back on, and then he sat down. LOLOL As calm and cool as a cucumber! It was a good thing that he was cool, I was ready to pack up the laptop and ship it off to Gateway for what would obviously be a $400-$500 repair.


So now I am back online, and the little teeny tiny button isnt even missed.


Whew! computer problems create such a panic for me. LOL

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Dana to the rescue thank goodness! I would have gone into panic mode too...how did we live without this??

I agree though...why in the world would we NOT want to stay connected? They could definitely do away with the button! You should be sending Gateway and email ROFL!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness Dana fixed your laptop. I woudl have been panic too. I can't go a whole day with out my internet.

Tonjia said...

me either girls! when our internet is down we are helpless. when did our dependance on the internet come about?
just like a cell phone, cant live without it! LOL

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

We don't need no stinkin' teeny tiny button!!

We laugh in the face of the teeny tiny button!

Hallie :)