I subscribe to the theory that no matter where you travel, and no matter how much fun you have, nothing is as good as sleeping in your own bed! I think I am getting old....
We made it home safe and sound, saw some incredibly awesome scenery in Southeastern Utah and Eastern Utah on the way, we took a different route home than we took down. We travelled home through Monticello and Moab Utah. I wish I had taken pics.
All in all, I did well at the Ute Indian slots, I have never been extremely lucky in Las Vegas, but I found this machine in the Ute Casino that LOVED me! In a period of 2 days, I won $100 dollars in the PENNY slots! woo hoo!!!!! It was so much fun, Dana didnt fare so well but we still ended up bringing money home so the weekend was a financial success.
And the good thing about today? I still have 5 days off from work! YAAAAY! I dont ever want to go back. LOL
Here are some pictures that I took of Red Mountain Pass (11,000+ ft elevation). I hope you enjoy them!
The above picture was taken out of the car window, see the road to the left? that is where we are headed. The next picture is also out of the car window, over the embankment. There are NO guardrails on Red Mountain Pass!
Just a beautiful picture of one of the peaks in the San Juan mountain range, as we drive through the valley below.





9 comments:
Ok, I was enjoying your pictures till you showed the down view with no guard rail... seriously, my head is pounding after looking at that. That scared the crap out of me. I don't know if I could drive through that and have the confidence that we would not DIE. Do they have many accidents there?
oh yes, they have accidents! its no wonder that pass is closed from November until May.
I was in a wreck once when i was in high school, we were in a 12 passenger school van heading up the pass from the other side and we slide off (towards the mtn) to avoid hitting a deer. it was hairy!
I could not agree with you more...as wonderful as it is to get away...there is NOTHING like getting home and crawling in your own bed! Your pictures are absolutely beautiful, such a gorgeous piece of our country! I'm leaving on Monday to spend a week in Seattle, truly it is such a neat small town in a big city...I'm looking forward to the break of my home-routine... but I have the house ready.. homecoming will be sweet!
Enjoy the rest of your time off!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
Ohhhh..don't u just love nature? i do.. they are all extraordinary....
thanks for the comment. happy weekend..
you just past my HOUSE, did you wave?
I'm with Lisa, was good till I looked down. Holy crap!! That's how it was in Germany going to Hitler's Eagles Nest except we had to trust the BUS DRIVER!
I'm glad you had a wonderful time and I too wish you never had to work again!!
Welcome home!
Going to take Frankie's advice and get a wiener dog!! Thank you Frankie ((hugs))
No me gustan los perros
I loved the last picture with the clouds.
Congrats on winning at the penny slots. That is next to impossible to do here since they have tightened the machines so much.
Post a Comment