Friday, December 5, 2008

Catching up!

I HAVE A DAY OFF!!! woo hoo! So, today I am taking the opportunity to do a little catching up. Buckle up, here we go. Without further adieu, here are some pics taken while we were on vacation:


Bre and her favorite cat Thomas. We got Thomas as a tiny kitten when Bre was 8, yes I said 8! He is almost 14 yrs old and is living the good life with my parents. He dines on tuna and chicken and luxury goodies like that on a daily basis. What a life!

Bre and my mom with Thanksgiving dinner laid out in front of them. Oh man, was it GOOD! my mom is the best cook on earth.

Bre with my mom and dad in the early morning hours on the day we left. Time for pictures...


This picture was taken from the car window somewhere in western Kansas. It is a wind farm. They are using windmills to generate electricity. Talk about living green!

When we got back to Colorado, there had been snow. Approx 3 inches fell before we got to Denver on Sunday, but the roads were clear. THEN.... it dumped. The mountains were getting high winds (from 60-90mph) heavy snow and CDOT began to close highways. So we got to spend another day! Not complaining, we went to my favorite mall, spent time with family and got to see the Broncos game on TV. We left for home on Monday morning, and here we are on the Eastern side of The Eisenhauer tunnel. Stopped. They closed the tunnel every hour to allow trucks carrying hazardous material to drive through because Loveland pass was closed. So here we sat. There are mountains behind those clouds..

And the snow kept falling...



And falling...

We finally made it through the tunnel and stopped in Frisco to use the bathroom. You can see how windy it is. Breckenridge ski area is near here.
When we got on the western side of the mountains, it was like someone opened a curtain. The skies cleared, the sun was out and the temps were in the 50's. We were happy to get home!
The trip was good, fast and we covered a lot of miles. Hopefully Dana and I will get to go back in the spring.
Hope you enjoyed the pics.
The rest of this week has been pretty uneventful with one exception. I worked all week and now have a few days off. Last night we think Frankie ate one of my diabetes pills that fell on the floor when I dropped the bottle, so we rushed him to the emergency vet and they kept him for observation for a couple of hours. He was a little trooper, got an IV, and was forced to throw up. He did well last night and is hopefully out of the woods. Today he is being a big baby and wont let me out of his site...What a scare!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That was quite a venture, nice pictures. I sure do hope you come back in the spring and we will catch up then. I am ready for "some" snow, but not a whole lot. And yes, that cat is pretty darn lucky.

Cupcake Blonde said...

Wait a minute! You just had a vacation and you already got another day off? Unfair! :) But I am glad you posted these pics. Looks like you had an amazing time, even with the harrowing snow drive back.

Michelle said...

I hope you enjoyed your day off. I know how scared you must have been. And I am so glad that Frankie is doing well. Hug that little weiner for me.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

beautiful pics dinne rlooks YUMMY!!! nothing like mommas cooking! I am glad frankie is ok... that would be terrifying!

Mental P Mama said...

Great pictures! I cannot wait for snow....

kim-d said...

I am so glad you're back, and now I'm so glad you posted the pix! Even though that weather would be awful to drive in, it's still sorta pretty in that Twin Peaks sort of way! And then I keep going back to the Thanksgiving picture and zeroing in on that huge bowl of the fluffiest-looking mashed potatoes EVER. NUM!!! :)

I'm off today...and Sunday/Monday, too. Great, isn't it?

brneyedgal967 said...

I saw some wind farms in Kansas also - they're springing up all over the place!