It is hard to believe that 2008 is almost over. We have had a good year so far, we are blessed to have our home and to be living in an area where the job market continues to be good no matter what is happening in the rest of the country.
The beginning of 2008 had us wondering what Breannas future would hold. She was home on Con leave in January and still having shoulder problems. 
February was a tough month, she was discharged and came home sad, beaten down and feeling like she had failed everyone. It took a while, a lot of tears, but our Breanna rose from the ashes and the old Bre finally returned. She got a job as a lifeguard/swim instructor (a job that she loves) and enrolled in college. A great move! Now she is a self confident college student, doing a great job after her first semester, she bought a car, and goes to work every day with a positive outlook and a great attitude. Her plans still include the Air Force, but this time she will go in as an officer after college!
Dana and I have worked hard all year, our jobs are very demanding and 2008 has seen us spending lots of weekends and lots of holidays on the job. I have been promoted to a charge nurse position, and Dana has recently accepted a Lieutenant of EMS position at his job. Like I said before, we are blessed.
The months have flown by, we all spent a week in Las Vegas in April, and had the time of our lives, unfortunately for our bank account, we have discovered how quickly we can be in Vegas and how much we love it there! LOL
In September, Dana and I took a few days and went to the Ute Casino in southwestern Colorado, we also visited Mesa Verde, it continues to be a very magical place for me.
We also travelled to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving, a quick trip but a great one.
Breanna was thrilled that we got to tour the Air Force Academy, and the weather was great for that.
We even got snowed in for a day in Denver, I cant think of anywhere else I would rather be snowed in... The passes were challenging to cross to get home, but we made the best of it.
When I look back I feel very blessed and thankful to be living back in Colorado, my home, and I am so happy to look out at the familiar mountains that make me feel so safe and protected.
We also had an addition to our family in 2008. Maxwell Smart Tweedy. We adopted Max in February from Utah Friends of Basset Hounds Rescue. He is the sweetest boy and we are so happy that he chose us.
As I look forward to 2009, I give thanks to God for all of our blessings, and I have made a wish for all of my family, friends, blogging friends and coworkers to have a good 2009.
I have decided that I wont make any New Years resolutions for 2009, but instead, I will have a New Years prayer.. I pray that our soldiers come home from Iraq and Afghanistan this year. It is time...





6 comments:
Tonjia, this is a great blog post! I love it...I remember all of it too...well YOUR year. I can't remember mine LOL! I know I started off 2008 thinking David would be in the Air Force...
Yes, totally over Christmas and I like the background you chose too! Isn't it easy to swap around? I'm glad you found the site and I copied it :)
Hugs...
WOW, it is amazing that I can remember everything that you posted about. No resolutions for me either.
This is a wonderful post, Tara (hehehe)! I sort of feel like I deserve to be reflective at the end of the year; they fly by so fast lately that I think it's a good thing to try to remember as much as we can.
I blogged that I plan to make resolutions for the new year. What I DIDN'T say is that my resolution is to NOT make any resolutions. BWAHAHAHA!
This I know for sure...I'm looking forward to spending 2009 with you!
I love reflecting - or when others reflect. It humbles me. Thanks for sharing your life and loved ones through your blog - here's to a Happy New Year.
Love the recap of 2008. Maybe I will try and write one....hmm, where to begin. It was a busy year, with good and bad.
Take care, Happy New Year!
Rita
What an incredible year! You have all weathered a lot and came through 2008 smiling and well. Thank you for the recap, it was nice to read through how your year progressed. And I wish I had been reading you back in April, we totally could have met up! :)
Post a Comment