Monday, February 16, 2009

8:22 and 4:10


We have, quite possibly, the smartest basset hound ever. At least he thinks he is. Max, our basset, has taught himself to tell time.

Max has 2 special times of the day, one is at 8:22am when he must come to our bedroom door and howl, aroo and yodel until I wake up, and come out to feed him. It is very important for Max to eat at precisely that hour because he gets a "rumbly in his tumbly" right around that time. Max weighs 82lbs. He is always quick to remind us that he is not FAT he is "big boned". He might even be called "husky". But never, ever FAT.

The other special time of the day for Max is 4:10pm. At this time, no matter what he is doing, he gets up and tells Dana that it is time to "GO WALKIES"!!! Going walkies is his second favorite thing to do (eating is his first) and he always reminds Dana that the "little hand is on the 4", and therefore it must be time to "GO WALKIES"!
Frankie is in awe of Max's abilities and he wants to be just like him when he grows up. He thinks big brothers are uber cool!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Don't you just love dog time.
Ours know it is dinner time anywhere between 3:30 and 5:00pm.
Chip is usually the first one to come and let me know followed by Suzy and Gretchen.
They are sure fun. q:o)
Susan

Debbie said...

Everyone is talking dogs today. I've been told to get one for my blood pressure. I just want a cute sweetie to smile at me when I come home.

I loved this post! Made me smile :)

Mary Ellen said...

What a smart boy! I need a dog who can tell time. We have dogs who think it's time to howl every time a siren passes anywhere within dog-hearing distance. Not nearly as cute at 3 AM as a basset hound who wants to go walkies!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Awww so cute! It is amazing how smart animals can be. Our cats will get us up every morning by 10:30 Am if we are not out of bed yet. I am trying to explain to them about sleeping in but they don't understand. They just want to eat NOW! And they always wait for us at the back door when they come hom. They must hear the garage door and come running.

Cupcake Blonde said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Oh I love it...you have a watch dog!!! Get it? Watch dog, tells time??? On I crack myself up! Smart dog, he has you all very well trained!

Ness said...

I am just amazed at what these animals can do. I sit back and watch our dachsies and they are a trip. Now I know who to call when I need to know what time it is. lol