Is "drabble" a word? Anyway, today I am clearing my mind of random thoughts, and here they are.
I FILLED my gas tank with $17.00 today! WOO HOO! Amazing! Did we ever think 4 months ago, that our gas would be under $2 per gallon? I paid $1.89/gallon today, I like these prices. Especially because in about 10 days Dana, Bre and I will be headed to Oklahoma to spend Thanksgiving with my parents. I hope the prices continue to plunge!
Today, I was at the grocery store and guess what I saw? The SALVATION ARMY BELL RINGERS! OMG they are out already and it isnt even November 15. Here is this guy standing there ringing his bell in 50 degree weather. That is wrong, very wrong. I think Santa arrives at the mall next weekend, on Black Friday. The bellringers have beaten Santa!
Soon it will be time for me to start compiling pictures/videos of the butt ugly tacky outside decorations that some people display here at the holidays. Dana and I have a "tacky scale" and this year, I vow to get some pics of the goshawful displays. I can hardly wait. :-)
I heard yesterday that our local animal shelters are at maximum capacity. It seems that the economic crisis has caused people to abandon their pets. I dont get it. I mean I know some people have been driven into a situation where they are losing their homes. But this doesnt happen overnight. Is it impossible to find someone to take your family pets if you cannot relocate to a home where you can have pets? Our local Petco is taking donations for our animal shelters, I think it is a great idea. Please folks, save your pets. If you cannot keep them, find them a good home!
I saw a show today talking about this persons "Top 10 movie list". It made me think about my top 10 movie list, which I have compiled below. Please feel free to list yours in my comment section, I always find new favorites from other peoples lists. By the way these are listed in random order, I could not possibly pick my #1 favorite.
1. Steele Magnolias
2. Dirty Dancing
3. Meet the parents
4. Napoleon Dynamite (I never would have admitted this earlier, I just love this movie)
5. Top Gun
6. 10 Things I Hate About You
7. The Replacements
8. Lord of The Rings Trilogy
9. The Harry Potter Movies
10. The Village
I hope you all have a great weekend, 3 more days to work and I will be ON VACATION!! woo hoo!!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Dribble Drabble
Posted by Tonjia at 12:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Oh, I just love Napoleon Dynamite, too!!! SUH-WEET!!! Even though my lips hurt really bad. BWAHA!
I personally just don't know how people could stand to just give up their pets like that; I don't know, I think I would have to figure something out. If I was in dire straits and suffering through hard times, getting rid of Frank and Nancy would put me right over the edge! But, then again, people are driving great distances to Nebraska to dump their older children and teenagers. I'm sure that Nebraska lawmakers are working feverishly to amend their Safe Haven law to include an age cutoff; I don't suppose it ever occurred to them that they HAD to specify that it was just newborns that could be dropped off! I wonder what people are thinking as they drive away, after having dumped off their 11-and-14-year-old kids. OY!
One of the local radio stations that plays Christmas music 24/7 during the season already started this week! Maybe it's to keep those bell-ringers motivated? HA! It's one thing that I started listening to Christmas music on my iPod while I work this week, but it's a whole other thing when it's a whole radio station. A little too early for the 24/7, in my opinion.
And I am so jealous of your Thanksgiving trip to see your parents!
I am a Salvation Army volunteer each year. The bell ringing campaign always starts a little bit before Thanksgiving. A lot of money has to be raised in advance of Christmas for folks that need help. And the campaign is one of primary means that the Army has to raise funds. I hope you put some money in the bucket! :-)
I love movies...
How about 2nd Hand Lion? Excellant
Stripes (?) the Zebra that wants to race with the horses? Maybe it is called Racing Stripes. I love movies but I just can't think of them right now. Our gas prices are about 1.5? something I thought. Maybe not. But I thought so. Any ways, lets hope they stay low during the holiday travel.
tonjia... I have no idea where 2008 has gone! My daughters and I are Black Friday shoppers...so I am ready for it! In January, I finally get to meet my newest grandgirl! As for movies... An Affair to Remember and Dancing with Wolves are my two favories!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier every single year. The decorations were out at Lowe's before Halloween!
I LOVE Steel Magnolias. It was just on TV the other day. I did M'lyn's speech about her daughter at the graveside for my high school dramatic final and got an A++ and had the whole calss, including the guys, bawling! :)
I have to add my own favorite movies, the ones I can watch over and over again. Love Actually, The Princess Bride, Ocean's 11, Shaun of the Dead, and Shakespeare in Love. I have many more but those are some off the top of my head.
I totally agree with you about the pets. We foster for a rescue group and last month had already exceeded the number of dogs we took in all year, last year. And last year was a record year! Animals are the first to go, for some people.
I hate this trend of the Christmas season starting so early, too. It's getting out of hand!
Post a Comment