Christmas is not my favorite holiday, I enjoy the music and the lights, but to me it seems like Christmas goes on way too long. There are some parts of the holiday season that I really enjoy though, I love holiday specials on TV. You know the ones, usually on Lifetime or the Hallmark network. Those specials with happy endings where people travel hundreds of miles to get home by Christmas....
I am also a sucker for Christmas movies and Christmas novels. My favorite Christmas movie is "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation". I just cannot get enough of it and I have to watch it every year.
I just heard that the LIfetime network is going to start showing the holiday shows. YAY!
Who remembers Thanksgiving on Walton Mountain?
What is your favorite part of the holiday season other than getting presents that is...
Friday, November 21, 2008
What is your favorite part of the holiday season?
Posted by Tonjia at 12:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
when its over and done. bah humbug :D
I like the warm feeling I feel around the holiday's, the feeling of community. Strangly enough, people seem friendlier around this time of year. I also enjoy the music.
One thing I am not going to enjoy is the tightness of money this year. I don't want to dissapoint the kids :(.
I like the lights and the anticipation.
I live GIVING presents!!
Hallie
I remember Thanksgiving on Waltons Mountain. I was a Waltons Mountain addict. I've even been to their homestead in Virginia.
My favorite part of Christmas is Midnight Mass. I also like sending out Christmas cards and decorating cookies that Roger makes. And watching the Hallmark Channel presentations. And Charlie Brown's Christmas. My kids are big on National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and watch it every year. I like to give presents but that won't be happening this year with KJ's medical needs and not being able to work much. At least we have each other.
I love Christmas! We've certainly cut down the gift list a lot, but I do love the giving part. The 15 grandkids get gifts, and everyone else gets a hug and a Merry Chritmas wish, and an invitation to Christmas dinner. That's the best part, the getting together and just being and loving. There are the 15 grands and one grand spouse, and the seven kids and their spouses, so things can get wild! But I love it!
My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Don't have to worry about gifts, and the day is full of good food and family. Oh yes, I remember Thanksgiving on Walton's Mountain. I LOVED that show.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Stop by again and sign up to follow me please!!
God Bless~
Debbie
I love holidays period! I love the family get togethers. But it seems more and more that "others" don't value the family time and so then my feelings get hurt. I guess after living away from home for 30 years appreciate being RIGHT THERE and now no one wants to get together without it being a big fuss. Good grief. I also love giving gifts, but now that we are retired (not working) we will have to cut back on gift giving. Now please remind me of this statement the friday after Thanksgiving!!!!
I remember Thanksgiving on Walton's Mountain! Our whole family (Mom, Dad, Gram and 8 kids) would gather once a week and watch that show faithfully.
My favorite part of the holiday season is the extra family time we seem to have, or make, when we decorate, craft, bake, gather, all those memory making things. And Mass on Christmas Eve night is always so beautiful.
My husband is a HUGE Denver Broncos fan too!
MGM
Post a Comment