Is about all the time I have to post today, I am at the end of my "work week". Even though it really isnt a week, its a weeks worth of hours crammed into 3 days so it feels longer than a week.
As a 12+ hour shift employee you pretty much have a routine of sleep, eat, work, sleep, eat work, etc. You get the idea. Once I leave for work and get home from work its been 14 or more hours, which leaves not many hours in the day to sleep and eat! LOL
Our nights havent been as crazy as I thought with this stupid "Country Jam" in town. It is a huge outdoor country music festival that lasts 4 days. So what you have is a group of 100,000+ people all trying to co-exist with lots of booze, and camping out and whatever else, in someones pasture out in the 100 degree heat. All of those variables do not make for a good situation, but they do it anyway.
Sometimes even the entertainers get sick in the heat and have to be rehydrated.
Anyway, today is the big day for the festival, I am not looking forward to tonight.
Breanna guarded a public demo for the Navy Seals this morning, she was so excited to do this she was up at 7:00am "getting ready". We finally got her FAFSA info submitted and she is still waiting on the USN.
gotta run, if I want to eat today, LOL cya!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
30 seconds..
Posted by Tonjia at 3:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Confused...did you sign up for the orange challenge because your link is on Joni's Morning Coffee blog! At least you typed in orange LOL
Hang in there, the shifts will be over soon, girl!!
I could not do 12 hour shifts, that is just to intense especially in your line of work. But I know that is the "norm" for you all. We did 10 hour days and everyone said oh, that is so great to have three days off. Yea, one day to recoup and then back to two days off. Didn't get me anywhere at all. BUT NOW...I am retired so who cares right. Hope you have off the 4th of July, that will keep you hoppin' if you work that night huh? Have a great day.
I also do not think I would like working 12 hour shifts. I guess you get used to it. Do you get the same days off each week?
DO I really have to give SHmoops THAT many hugs?
Well, ok, if you insist!!
Hallie :)
No, I didnt sign up for it Debbie! hmmmm I am not sure how my link ended up there! LOL
Hallie, Schmoops deserves that many hugs and more!
Post a Comment