Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It caught Me!

And I didnt even know I was being chased.

First, I have to preface that I began having some bronchial congestion after we had been in Kansas for about 4 hours last week on our trip. I wasnt surprised because the entire 9 years that I lived in Kansas I had to take allergy medication. So, no biggie. Take the old medication and go on.

Thats what I did. The symptoms didnt get better after we left Kansas and kind of got worse over the last 72 hours, so I drug myself into work today, coughing, wheezing, etc and had my friend who is a doc listen to my lungs. I have pneumonia. Not a bad kind, caught early, started on costly medication and I have full intention to whip this things ass before we fly on Monday.

So, wish me luck! I continued to work today, (I dont have a fever) and I coughed, hacked and wheezed my way through all 12.5 hours, with most of the patients commenting that I appeared sicker than they were. duhhhhh...... When the nursing staff is more sick than the patients, we have problems with our healthcare system!!! Do ya think?????

I am off for the next 3 days, I promise to visit all your blogs tomorrow, and I will post a new entry to mine. I think its time for some ZZZzzzz's.....

10 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Feel better soon! That is nothing to mess with. Plus, you don't want to miss fun times in Vegas!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hope youare feeling better! and get tons of rest before you fly out!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

If you visit WWoW, don't leave your germies!!

Hallie

Ness said...

Feel better. I can't believe they let you work even if you weren't running a temp. Oh the ways of the modern medical world. Get some rest.

Donna said...

I hope you get well soon! Pneumonia is no fun!

Mary Ellen said...

Rest all you can - it's really the only thing you can do. Oh, except for the expensive meds.

Oh, and fluids. Lots of fluids....

Look who I'm telling! I bet you don't need my advice - just feel better soon.

Tami said...

Follow all the above advice and feel better soon.


Hugz,
aam

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better and are able to fully enjoy your trip!!

kim-d said...

Good thing you are heading to the desert. Best thing for what is ailing ya right now! :)

Lisa said...

Oh that just really sucks....you HAVE to get better soon. Las Vegas awaits you, if nothing else, being there will make you well! Take care!