Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Torture!


Pure unadulterated TORTURE! Thats what it is!


I started back on Weight Watchers today, and everywhere I look someone is advertising food. I learned today that Wendys now has a double cheeseburger for 99cents, I learned that our local McDonalds now has the "McRib" sandwich, Paula Dean is tempting me with Georgia peach cobbler, and my new obsession on the travel channel "Man vs Food" is coming to me straight from "Juan in a Million" restaurant in Austin, TX, where he is taking part in a taco eating challenge. Now I have to tell you that I LOVE mexican food! ALL kinds of mexican food... my mouth is watering as I watch Adam Richman pig out and never gain an ounce!


It is a conspiracy! You probably think all I have done is sit and watch tv, not so! I have been cleaning, and in and out of the house today. These food shows, food billboards and advertisements are haunting me!


OMG IHOP has just started an all you can eat pancake special! ARGGGGG.....
Before I forget, please send prayers to my dad, who fell yesterday and broke his hip. He and my mom live in Oklahoma and he had surgery today. So far, so good. He will be 87 next week..

5 comments:

Donna said...

I'll be praying for your dad! Yeah, I know what you mean about the food commericals. The superbowl will be coming up soon too and there are LOTS of food and beverage commercials with that!

Unknown said...

tonjia...My prayers will be lifted for your dad. Why don't they advertise water as well as IHOP advertises pancakes???
Here is a quote for today: 'Life is pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.'(princess bride)

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness..I hope that your dad is ok. And please know that if there is ANYTHING that I can do, you can trust I will. Please. Call me if you need for me to go clean their house, mow the lawn, ok, maybe not that...but seriously if there is something I can do, it should help give you comfort knowing you can trust me. Do you have other family here to help? My husband is retired fire fighter, so if he needs someone to help get him into the bed when he is released, please just let us know. You know we are close and can be there in a matter of minutes. I am so sorry, I know it must be hard with you being so far away. I am here for you!

Debbie said...

Sorry about your Dad, Tonjia. Prayers going out...87! I bet he can eat anything he wants, or at least I would at that age.

Food is everywhere and it sure makes it harder! Good luck and flip channels on food :)

Cupcake Blonde said...

Praying for you Dad's speedy recovery! I hope he feels better soon!