The experts say "eat right, exercise, burn more calories than you take in, and you will lose weight". They lie.
Let me start by saying that I absolutely HATE dieting. I HATE trying to lose weight. Lord knows I have been on the weight loss roller coaster since I was age 14. Sometimes I just want to say ENOUGH ALREADY! Sometimes I just want to accept the weight where I am now, and go on with my life.
Then I look in the mirror.
Even though I have lost a large amount of weight in the last 4 yrs, its not enough. Back in 2004 I found the secret, I launched my umpteenth journey on weight watchers and for some reason, unknown to me, I began to lose weight! And I continued to lose weight, and stayed on program for almost a year! I dropped 85lbs and it was amazing. THEN... I lost interest. And I began to not think about staying on program with every single bite of food that I put into my mouth, and I gained some back. Over the last 3 years I have gained 25lbs, not a bad gain, I guess but a gain nonetheless.
Now I am trying to lose that 25lbs AGAIN, and 25 more. Then I will be happy. Hell, even if I lose 35lbs I will be happy. I just have to get there.
I have realized that I need motivation. I need to dig down and find that mysterious secret that allowed me to have discipline and to drop the weight. I need a "Barbie". I found this video on youtube and I am pretty sure I have to find these books! AND.... I also have to find my own "Barbie". Hmmmm I wonder how much Jillian Michaels of "The Biggest Loser" charges. LOLOLOL
Let me start by saying that I absolutely HATE dieting. I HATE trying to lose weight. Lord knows I have been on the weight loss roller coaster since I was age 14. Sometimes I just want to say ENOUGH ALREADY! Sometimes I just want to accept the weight where I am now, and go on with my life.
Then I look in the mirror.
Even though I have lost a large amount of weight in the last 4 yrs, its not enough. Back in 2004 I found the secret, I launched my umpteenth journey on weight watchers and for some reason, unknown to me, I began to lose weight! And I continued to lose weight, and stayed on program for almost a year! I dropped 85lbs and it was amazing. THEN... I lost interest. And I began to not think about staying on program with every single bite of food that I put into my mouth, and I gained some back. Over the last 3 years I have gained 25lbs, not a bad gain, I guess but a gain nonetheless.
Now I am trying to lose that 25lbs AGAIN, and 25 more. Then I will be happy. Hell, even if I lose 35lbs I will be happy. I just have to get there.
I have realized that I need motivation. I need to dig down and find that mysterious secret that allowed me to have discipline and to drop the weight. I need a "Barbie". I found this video on youtube and I am pretty sure I have to find these books! AND.... I also have to find my own "Barbie". Hmmmm I wonder how much Jillian Michaels of "The Biggest Loser" charges. LOLOLOL
I HAVE to do this! So, at the risk of embarrassing myself to the fullest extent I am about to post before and after pictures. It will also remind me that I need to dig in and get rid of these pounds!
This is me before losing the weight. EEK! I was this weight for probably 20 years. scary.
And this is me after losing the weight.


I dont have a new pic of me now, but just add 25lbs to the "after" pic.
And so, I plug along.. counting points. :-( Where is my "Barbie"????






3 comments:
I need a "Barbie" as well. Someone to motivate me and kick me in the butt when I don't want to do anything. I thought watching the Biggest Loser would motivate me, but I think I need Jillian in my home to actually do some work. I would love to have Bob with me, but I fear I would spend all my time just staring at him.
I feel your pain. Sigh.
I am larger than I have ever been in my life. I used to be a nice size and pretty happy with myself. Now after hitting 40 and the connection of high speed internet I have gained a ton of weight. I don't like myself because of it. But I don't want to give up eating and I don't want to exercise. So what is the answer? I don't know. If I find it I will let you know.
Post a Comment