I had this post completely written when our router disconnected and I lost everything, now I will try again!!
I'll bet you all thought I was just blowing smoke when I said earlier in the week that we had some exciting news. Well here it is...
Breanna is going to college!! She has been accepted at our local 4 year university, Mesa State College, and as soon as they receive her High School transcripts she will be a bonafide college student! Her major is Political Science-pre law and her plans include possibly transferring to Colorado State University in her Junior year to join Air Force ROTC. This is all depending on whether the USAF will accept her as a commissioned officer. According to the AF recruiter she could re-inlist, but it would take a lot of paperwork, evaluations etc. So hopefully, in 2 years the AF ROTC will take her. She received an honorable discharge, I am sure they will have to evaulate her on an individual case basis. At any rate, she will have a college degree when she is all done, so its all good.
She opted not to join the Navy for 2 reasons, 1st she is just not dedicated to the US Navy. She is an Airman through and through, always has been and always will be. I cant help but think that this dedication was such a big part of her basic training that the loyalty will never die. She explained to me that she just could not put on a uniform other than those blues..
2nd reason is she does not want to join any branch as enlisted personnel. The trend nowadays seems to be to downsize in all different ways and the enlisted guys are the ones being let go. And she has always wanted to be an officer so she is willing to put forth the effort.
We respect her decision and are behind her 100%, we are all buckled up for the ride!!
Please keep our girl in your thoughts and prayers!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Big News!
Posted by Tonjia at 10:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
YAY, YAY, YAY, BREANNA!!! YOU GO, COLLEGE GIRL!!!
Ya know, Tonjia, what I really admire so much about your girl is that she knows what she wants and will settle for nothing less. And then sets about doing what needs to be done to meet her goals. That has to make you one very proud Mama!
Here's the deal...if you and your Bre will keep this old, hot-flash-stricken, menopausal "college girl" in your thoughts and prayers, then I will do the same for the appropriately-aged college girl :)! Oh wait, I will anyway...
Congratulations Bre!! She is such a strong young lady and she will do great in what ever she endeavors.
I am so happy for all of you! This is great news.
Doin' a happy dance for you.
Congratulations!
My son did Army ROTC through college and it was a great program for him. Good luck Breanna and proud of you for taking lemons and making phenomenal lemonade!
Way to go, Breanna!!!!!!
That girl is going places. I just know it...
Hallie :)
That is awesome. No matter what comes her way, an education is a great thing to have. Life is about choices and changes, a sign of maturity is weighing our choices and making good changes. Sounds like she is well on her way. Congratulations and may good changes be in her future!
Congrats! I am a firm believer that we always end up where we are meant to be! Your daughter most likely will prove this to be true. I am new to your blog, so I spent some time going back to your beginning blog. Your family certainly has seen a challenging road. Stay strong and pray hard!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
I posted on Bre's blog but I'll say congrats again! You're going far girl, regardless which way you get there :)
Thanks again Tonjia for your help this weekend :) Will keep in touch!
What wonderful news! Onward and upward!
That's awesome she decided to go to college. Sounds like a great plan to me.
Post a Comment