I most certainly have developed CRS syndrome. For those of you not familiar or not near the age that it will hit you, CRS syndrome is defined as "Cant Remember Shit Syndrome". There is a time in your life when your memory will take a vacation, and you will be left with only an empty shell where your memory once was..
I will be 51 next month. I dont know what 51 is supposed to feel like, (I still feel like I am in my late 20's or early 30's) but with the age comes the big M.... MENOPAUSE. I think I started through menopause a couple of years ago, but last fall was the first time I realized it. I can endure the hot flashes, night sweats, moodiness (better living through chemicals is my motto) but this memory thing (or lack of it) is driving me NUTS!!
For instance, Breanna's cell phone broke today, she needs to get another one. We have insurance on all of our phones, but I cant remember if we have had any claims this year. We only get 3 per year and Dana has this problem with his cell phones wanting to go swimming in toilets...
My long term memory is sharp as a tack, I just dont remember the short term stuff. Do I need that vitamin that helps the memory?? ( I cant remember its name LOL) OR is it early Alzheimers... Lord I hope not!
And as a disclaimer, I used to juggle a full time job with 3+ committee commitments, Breannas full time school schedule, danas schedule, Coordinating a program of forensic nurses and spending time online visiting with my friends.
Does this every get better??
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
CRS Syndrome!!
Posted by Tonjia at 2:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Sadly, it does not get better. Hate to tell you that! I keep lots and lots of notes and put reminders on my electronic calendar.
You crack me up. I'm going through the menopause thing too and some days are better then others. I find that I need to be very organized right now as I go through this but even doing that takes up too much effort sometimes.
CRS is alive and well in this household. Luckily, what I forget Roger remembers and vice versa. If we forget the same thing at the same time, we're screwed. I am spot on(sounds better than obsessive compulsive anal retentive doesn't it? DOESN'T IT? LOL) about writing down apts. the minute I make them and I keep a mechanical pencil and a notepad by my computer and by my recliner. If I get too desperate, I subject myself to ridicule and call the kids and ask whatever it is I have forgotten. There is hope, however, because I have lived long enough for each of them to call me because they have forgotten something and they're 30, 23 and 21! It may take a village to raise a child but it takes much more to keep me straight on a daily basis. Welcome to the club!
OH, MY SISTA!!! :) OH YES!!!
My short-term memory got a little better when I first started school, but I think it is fading again...already! But, hey, I can remember 1978 like it was yesterday. BWAHAHAHA! And all the rest...well, you know how it is for me since I got on about it all the time. Better living through chemicals? AMEN!
And I want to say thank you so, so much for the truly lovely award. Because of the menopausal moods, I almost cried over it, and not so sure yet that I won't at some point--HA!
By this weekend I'm hoping to blog for real, and showcase it and pass it on. And leave real comments for everyone, including you, that I've been missing so much this week. It's been nuts!
The problem with CRS is that hubby uses it to his advantage. He says he told me something, I say he did not and he says that I don't remember anything. I believe that it is him who THINKS he told me and then blames me not being able to remember.
Don't kid yourself. Being a nurse has something to do with that as well. Twelve people coming at you from twelve different directions for over 10 years wears on what you WANT to remember as well.
NO! I'm having problems just handling a part time job and getting things done!!Now I'm even sitting and staring and thinking how tired I am.
I can't even come up with a decent blog entry this week. I've got mush for brains.
Agree with Donna...lots and lots of notes and lists!
Post a Comment