Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I have so much to be thankful for, and today is my day of the week to acknowledge it! I give thanks for the following:


1. My job- in an economy where many people are losing their jobs, I am so thankful that I have mine. I feel like I was given a gift when I was accepted into nursing school and given the education that I needed to be able to provide for Breanna and I on my own. I may whine and complain about it now and then, and just like any job it can get frustrating and on my nerves, but I am thankful for it.


2. My family, I am always thankful for my family!!


3. Being able to own our home. Again in an economy where many people are being foreclosed upon, Dana and I were SO fortunate to fall into this home, with a reasonable house payment and payoff date insight..


4. Diet Pepsi, as I have said before, nectar of the Gods. It keeps me going. And going and going and going. LOL on nights where I am really dragging butt at work, Diet Pepsi is my friend.


5. All of my blogging friends. You all have given me insights into your worlds and your homes and your families. And I feel like I know you all personally. Thank you for sharing your lives with me.


One more thing, for those of you who pray, please keep the Twomey family in your prayers. CJ will be travelling home from Florida in a couple of days and we wish he and John a safe trip. The next week is going to be stressful for the whole family. They are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Until tomorrow!! peace, y'all...

3 comments:

CaBaCuRl said...

On the radio this week I heard someone say that being thankful for what we have makes us happier people.

Putz said...

i spelled your name wrong and you live in colorado, not near the ocean so that you would know all those sea jokes and it is amazing to get to know blog friends ( IF I CAN KEEP THEM STRAIGHT) but to my defense i am 65 and have oldsheimer's disease

Debbie said...

I thank God every day, as I'm sure you do :) I was going to remember to do this, but with so much going on...

I'm thankful for bloggy buddies like YOU! That make me laugh and help me thru rough times!

((Tonjia))

Didn't see H today, so no drool :(