I was watching a TV show on CNN Healine News last night and they were spotlighting a website online called PostSecret . Basically, this is a website where people post their secrets that they have that have never been told to anyone. This is done by filling out a postcard and sending to the webminister and if he truly thinks that the confession is a real one, then he will post the card and secret on the website.
This got me thinking about secrets. I know everyone has a secret. At least one, something that they have never told or been too embarrassed to tell. Maybe something that really needs to come out?
Here is mine, actually I am keeping one for someone else. About 6 or 7 years ago, I had a coworker whose husband was a drug user and incredibly abusive. They had 2 small children and she confided in me that she was fearful of him and afraid that he would injure the children. She finally came to the end of her rope. So she decided to take some of his drugs (most of them were prescription drugs obtained on the streets) and lace his drink with them. And she did. And that night a friend of her husbands came over to the house to "party" and drank the drink meant for the husband!!!!
This friend then left and drove 20 miles and ran off of the road, and wrecked his car! His tox screen came up abnormal, but he used these same drugs anyway, so no one else knew. Except me.
I didnt know about the accident until much later because he was in a different county so there was nothing I could do about it. And the girl and her abusive husband divorced later on, when he was in prison for several parole violations in another state.
I dont need to know your secrets, just curious to see if you all have one that you have never told??
Monday, October 27, 2008
Do You Have a Secret??
Posted by Tonjia at 5:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Wow, that is some secret!
Post Secret is the highlight of my Sunday morning. I have always said that you can run the whole gamut of emotions while reading Post Secret Sundays! I even have it on my blogroll.
You know, I think almost everyone, if not EVERYone, has some sort of secret--either consciously or tucked safely away in the subconscious. When they're NOT tucked away in the recesses of your brain, they can really mess a person up. I personally think that getting secrets out in the open is very freeing, but it has to be at the right time, under the right circumstances, etc.
Once again, the world according to kim-d. :)
I DON'T have any secrets that I can think of. I am an open book, and a big mouth. I have such a guilty conscience that if I do something wrong I have to confess. But I am sure I have one or two things if I think hard enough. But I do know, just like Kim-d said, we all have skeletons in our closets. One good reason to never NEVER run for public office!!!!
That is deffinately a secret.Wow.
I don't really have any secrets that no one knows.My husband knows all my secrets mostly from my childhood.
i have all the post secret books and have been reading the post secret blog for a couple years... I have a secret that my husband knows (part of) no one but heather A g/f in Australia knows the rest of the story...
I have had a couple different secrets that others sent into post secret that touched a bit too close to my heart but its all been good. I love post secret!
I look forward to eevery PostSecret Sunday! I need to get the books.
I do have one or two secrets that only a few people know, like one or two, and one secret no one knows. Am I am not telling!
I love Postsecret.com - took the books out of the library and really enjoyed them.
Secrets? Yes.
I say them in my head while I read on Sunday.
Hallie :)
Post a Comment