Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just when I had a bloggers block....


Lisa at My New Thing To Do bestowed an award on me!! Thank you Lisa!!

It is called a Perfect Blend of Friendship Award and has some questions attached to it. So, here we go!!

1. Do you have the same friends since childhood? Sadly, no. I had one great friend as a child that I really spent a lot of time with. I lost touch with her when she moved to the Aspen area when we were in high school. (most of my school friends have moved away) The weird thing is, she and I both ended up RN's and she works at the other hospital in town. Now that I have moved back to the area maybe we can meet up some day.

2. What do you value most about your friends? Honesty. I was burned really bad last year by a person whom I thought was my friend. We had known each other for 8 years worked together, had lots of laughs and good times and shared some personal stuff with each other. She ended up stealing my code to our medication dispensing machine at work and stealing narcotics, using my code. I could have lost my license, and my job. I guess her drug habit was more important than our friendship.

3. Are your friends your sounding boards? yes absolutely. I have a good friend who lives in Chicago that I vent to, (via the internet) and a good friend here at home that is a coworker, we vent to each other about work all of the time. LOL And of course Dana and my sister are my closest friends, and I use them to spout off too on a regular basis!

4. What is your favorite activity to share with your friends? we chat. Usually online but I do talk to my sister most every day, so I guess my favorite activity would be talking.

And now according to the rules of this award, I have to list 5 things under the following headers, and pass this award on to 5 more people. Here we go!

10 years ago:
I was getting a divorce
I was working in a small ER, and loved every minute of it
I weighed 85 lbs more than I do now
I was training to be a SANE
I had just met Dana

5 things on todays "To do" list:

take a shower and get dressed
eat breakfast
buy an Itunes card
go to the bank
clean the laundry room

5 snacks that I enjoy:

ice cream!
cheetohs
crackers and cheese
Reeses peanut butter cups
snickers miniatures

5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:

quit work
travel. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii
build a doggie day care
buy a horse
build a new home with stables and room for rescue bassets and doxies

5 places I have lived:

Palisade, CO
Nowata, OK
Ontario, CA
Edna, KS
Chambersburg, PA

5 jobs that I have had:

Cook at Long John Silvers
Clerk at a lumber yard/home center
Insurance biller and coder for doctors office
Medical Office Manager
Registered Nurse

Tag 5 people to pass the award on to:

Kim at Lifeafter
Laura at Silence is Broken
Vegas Princess at Life, Vegas Style
Airman Mom at Airman Mom
Linda at The Frog Ho Diaries


OK ladies, y'all have been tagged!! ;-)

7 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

#2-that is horrible! I can't imagine how hurtful that was.
let me know when you hit the lottery and start that dog rescue, I'll come help! =)

Tracy said...

very cool award! I loved reading your answers to the questions.
I have had some friends who didn't know what the word really meant much less how to act-I figured out that about them during the difficult times over then last couple years-
My guess is you are an awesome friend to have-you have been more than kind to me as a "net" friend!
Tracy

Lisa said...

I loved reading the answers you wrote. I would think being a SANE nurse would be both very rewarding and yet very difficult. I always "enjoyed"(?) working rapes. Don't mean that to sound weird,but I appreciated the fact that being female I could be there for them, a little more sympathatic than my male counterparts. I loved testifying in court too. And I also enjoyed busting the girls that cried rape when it was false.

sorry to tell you this, the award was the four questions, and the five tag was something else that Kim at Homesteaders Heart did to me. But I still loved that you put them together!!!! we have created a new thing huh? The more to learn about others, oh well....
and you so deserved the honor of the friendship award. Thanks for being there for me.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Will do... I enjoyed your answers and get a kick out of learning more about folks I have met online and follow :)

Unknown said...

tonjia...thank you for thinking of me!


~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Cupcake Blonde said...

Ahhh I got tagged. I have to get on that!

#2 makes me shudder, because I guess sometimes you really just don't know someone.

kim-d said...

Tonjia, I just love it...there I was, yesterday, tagging you while not even knowing you tagged me AND gave me a MAJOR AWARD. I love being tagged and I love major awards, so...THANK YOU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH :). I'm going to do it for today's post!