Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Letter From God

Boy, did I need this today. This came to me from an old friend whom I used to work with. How did she know????


To: YOU
Date: TODAY
From: GOD
Subject YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE

This is God. Today I will be handling All of your problems for you. I do Not need your help. So, have a nice day. I love you.

P.S. And, remember... If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do Not attempt to resolve it yourself! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.

If you find yourself stuck in traffic, don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.


Should you have a bad day at work; think of the man who has been out of work for years.

Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.
Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.

Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance; think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror; think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.

Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; remember, things could be worse.. You could be one of them!

Should you decide to send this to a friend; Thank you. You may have touched their life in ways you will never know! Now, you have a nice day...God

I would like to pass this letter on to each and every one of you.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

tonjia...thanks for sharing these powerfully beautiful words!


~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Cupcake Blonde said...

I needed this today too. Thanks for sharing.

kim-d said...

Thanks very much, Tonjia. There are not many days that go by that I don't need to be reminded of this, but today was an especially good time for me to read this!

I also need to thank you...and say I hope you don't mind...because I clicked on your little mood indicator picture on your main page, and when I saw that it is called a "Punkymood" I HAD to pirate it from your page immediately. I couldn't even wait to get permission from you. Bill's nickname for me was "Punky" so I just had to have it immediately :). That made me so happy!

Ness said...

I have always loved that! You can never read it enough. Thanks for posting it today. I needed the reminder.

Mental P Mama said...

That is wonderful, and one I haven't seen before. So true.

Chrissie said...

Thanks for sharing this. It is very inspiring.

Debbie said...

I saw this years ago and I still love it. I need to print it out for David because I'm sure he hasn't seen it. It's wonderful!

Kim, punky mood? Awww, so sweet, you thief LOL

((Hugs to Tonjia & Kim))

Putz said...

i get phone and cell phone calls from god but never letter

Lisa said...

Sure makes you think about things doesn't it??? thanks for sharing it.