Thursday, October 16, 2008

Someone has to say it!!!

OK call me unamerican if you want, but I am really fed up here. I am sitting here on Wednesday evening watching the last (thank goodness) presidential candidate debate and they are talking economy. Senator McCain is proposing (and these are very loose translations) that the government "take over" the mortgages for all of these people who obtained mortgages on homes with variable rates, and who are now in danger of losing their homes to foreclosure. Senator Obama proposes a 90 day moratorium (again, loosely translated) to allow these people to catch up on their late payments or find another means of financing mortgages that are too expensive for them to afford.

Now, I am sorry that these individuals were given these loans, (although no one made them take the loans) and its sad that they are losing their homes.......

BUT!!! What are these 2 candidates going to do for ME? What about those of us who purchased homes that we can afford, with payments that are in our budget and those of us who make our house payments on time every month??? WHAT are they going to do for US??

I propose that each taxpaying individual be given either $5,000 or $10,000 in cash to do what we want to with. If your house payments are behind, use this money to catch up. If you need to get out from under a bad mortgage, use this money as a down payment to refinance and change it. If you are behind in credit cards, use it to pay them down or pay them off. It doesnt take someone with 8 yrs of college or a Juris Doctorate to realize that this plan would be much better for ALL American citizens, not just a choice few.

Ok guys, step back and look at the whole picture. Lets make this work for everyone..... Can someone please hold this soapbox, while I step off? LOL

13 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Better yet, they should have given all 80 million taxpaying Americans that Bailout money. Now that's something we could use to jumpstart our economy.

Ness said...

Amen. We are extending your soapbox time. After listening to the news and watching the debates, I went into meltdown mode.

Unknown said...

tonjia... like ness I am in a total meltdown mode. I'm feeling like a guy the way I hold on to the remote (gotta click mute when the ads come on).
What will be done for us?
What is the incentive to continue to pay down our mortgage, as we should?
Why not bail and let somebody else cover it for us? (tongue in cheek)

I'm AirmanMom and I approve this message (sigh)

Laura ~Peach~ said...

I so agree with you, and everyone else this crud is for the birds ... I have a maxine funny that someone sent me it says I wonder how bad things woudl be with NO president for 4 years... I am so begining to think that way... will hole the soap box steady for you as you are much better versed than me!

Tonjia said...

I am glad I am not the only one who is thinking about this.

This is ridiculous! Lets help the WHOLE country, not just one group!

Tonjia said...

I am glad I am not the only one who is thinking about this.

This is ridiculous! Lets help the WHOLE country, not just one group!

Tonjia said...

I am glad I am not the only one who is thinking about this.

This is ridiculous! Lets help the WHOLE country, not just one group!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

How about someone just buys me a PRADA bag?

Hallie :)

Donna said...

I guess I am an old fossil because I still believe in personal responsibility. I don't believe the government should be giving away money (tax money which came from US to begin with) to bail ANYONE out. Life has risks, and we all have to deal with issues. The giveaway programs have got to end. We don't have enough money to wish away everyone's troubles.

Jodi said...

I don't watch because I would be in as big as an uproar. :)

I agree that they need to do something for everyone. Just because we have been good and living within our means doesn't mean we don't want or need help too.

Debbie said...

Stay on the soapbox. We all should be yelling from the damn rafters. I got calm and came to see you LOL. RE: my post today.

I guess I was hoping to find someone else angry and YIPPEE. I'm not friggin alone!!

You go girl!!

Putz said...

hey you ought to read my suggestion on justmylife......i said what i want to do is walk away from iraq, and fire the housing magnets, and make sure none of these wise guy young folks gett a house for nothin...you must be on track

Cupcake Blonde said...

Amen. I can't wait until all this bulls**t is over. They are just saying what people want to hear to get them elected. Does anyone actually think either of them are going to be able to clean up the pile of doo-doo this country is now in?